Ooohh, I love my kiddos!
Look at the difference in their skin color, Bailey is so lucky, she has the most beautiful skin, Beau's isn't bad but nothing like Bays, she is so stinkin' dark.
Bailey was showing Beau an ant about to crawl on his foot.
This boy loves, loves, loves food, especially if it's sweet and cold.
Yummy!
I really need to start potty training Bailey soon, I think I need to convince myself I'm ready to go through the training part more than I do her. If anyone has any good advice or ideas on getting started, please share. I'm open for any help I can get to get at least one kid out of diapers.

14 comments:
I am going to start training Olivia next week...she wears pull ups right now but today she said she wants "big girl" underwear. I have no idea what to do either! Please let me know if you get any good suggestions!
Besides their skin tone, they look like twins! They are so cute!
Oh Amanda they are so cute! You have such a beautiful family. They're lucky to have each other and are going to love being so close in age when they're older. I always feel bad for kids that don't have any siblings.
Good luck on the PT! I don't think it has to be a bad experience at all. I dreaded the day we would start to PT but I also hated changing diapers for 2 kiddos all day long. I've seen way to many kids (and mom's) traumatized by the whole process so I am of the opinion that you just wait until the kid is really ready and then it really doesn't have to be a big deal. Annebel one day ran herself to the potty and dropped her diaper and used the toilet. She never had any accidents after that. She's never needed a pull up at night. She just self regulated on her own when she was ready. I thought it would never happen. But I didn't push it with her either. This was only about 2 weeks before she turned 4 years old. But, the process was so simple that it was definitely worth the wait.
I love seeing your blog and keeping up with you through the blogging world. You're fabulous!
-Jessica
I love the pictures. I am with you on the everyday real life candid shots I love them.
As for potty training. Well there is no way that I personally could wait until they were almost 4 I would go crazy. My advise is ditch the diapers and put on underwear and pants so when they do have an accident the clothes soak it up. We only had about 2 days of accidents and they soon realize just how much they hate to be wet. Both of our girls just over 2 when they were fully potty-trained. So I think you should just dive in and do it on a weekend when you dont have much going on and you can be close to home. Good Luck.
How cute are they!! good luck on potty training...my niece just wanted to go potty on the toliet so it was so easy for my sister..but good luck sorry I don't have any tips..no kids yet!!
Potty training Bailey??? Good luck with that one! She is the cutest most stubborn little girl ever. No advice here. Cute, cute picture of your kids.
Those are the cutest pictures Amanda! Geese.... I need to come take some lessons from you. I love your work. Your kids are so cute, it shouldn't be hard to get a good picture of them! You are so talented!!!!
Hey! I love the pictures, what cuties, you and Jer too:)
Some say that girls are easier to train than boys, but Camille was by far my most difficult. She loved the panties and wanted to wear them, but she took her own sweet time. My advice is to let her tell you when she is ready. If you feel like getting a potty, just let her decide to try it, lots of rewards and praise and PATIENCE!
Potty training is no fun. When I start potty training, I put them in panties. Pull-ups are a waste of money! It's really hard, but I don't go anywhere for a week. It's timers, wet panties, and a lot of patience. But when it's done, it's worth it.
Amanda, I am an old friend of Jeremy's from high school. You guys have such a cute family, and your pictures are so cute. Good luck on the potty training. Please tell Jeremy Hello from Kellye Hall
Hi! Just ran into your blog and fell in love! I'm an aspiring photographer (learning more and more each day) and I love your pics. You have a beautiful family. Will definetly be back to visit!
Boy do I hear you. Diapers did seem easier than the potty-battle. Darcy is stubborn too and I dreaded the PT process with her. But one day she said that she didn't want to wear diapers anymore... and that was it! So I think the most important thing is to do it on her schedule and not yours.
Peer pressure is a great tool though. Point out friends of Bailey's that wear panties, show her some fancy princess (or whatever she likes) ones in the store... just kind of talk it up for a few weeks without actually making her do anything and pretty soon she'll think the idea was her own. When she does go - tons and tons of praise and attention. Oh and Bear in the Big Blue House has a potty-time video that is really good and not very annoying. Good luck! I miss you!
I love the pictures. I am so excited for my kids to get them you do amazing work!! My mom friend need a photographer and I told the about you. and at how great you. it was good to talk to you the other day.
I love how Bailey's hairbow matches her popsicle. Seriously, you are super Mom. I am trying the one day potty training my pediatrician told me about. I just have to find one day to stay home. Good luck and lets talk!
Post a Comment