Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A little late, but well worth it!

I'm a few days, and a few months late on this post.
First, a few days late from making a post about my mom on mother's day to say how lucky I am to have a mother who is not only my mom but also my best friend. She is the type of mom and grandma anyone would ever wish for. She has taught and still teaches me so much about life, love, education, the gospel, parenting, and pretty much anything. (Jeremy says that she's the smartest woman he knows and that she needs to go on "Are you smarter than a 5th grader", or "Who wants to be a millionare", because she'd bring home a million with her brains.) She is always there for me whenever I need her, or just "want my mom".

She's the best Grandma because she loves being with her grandkids. When she doesn't see them for a week or two she calls and says that she needs a Bailey and Beau fix, and she gets it. She (& my dad) kept the kids this past weekend for us while Jer and I went on a little overnighter in Midway for our 7 year anniversary, (hopefully another post soon to come). It's nice to not have to worry about your kids and know that they are in the best hands.

Second, my mom graduated with her Masters from USU this past December. I've been wanting to do a little post about how proud of her I am for her accomplishment. She never ceases to amaze me. She's an amazing teacher not only to her 4th graders, but also to her children and grandchildren.

Mom, I love you and hope you know how much. Happy Mother's Day!

6 comments:

Chanté said...

That's so sweet! You are your mom's twin too! You look so much like her!

lramey said...

happiest anniversary to you! that's so great to have parents that are willing to be grandparents for weekends at a time! HOLLA!!!

you guys seriously are twinners!

Julie H. said...

Luck mom, lucky daughter. Your mom is awesome. So warm, friendly and loving to all.

Alicia Bunderson said...

She is the best Mom-in-law ever!!

Amy Morris said...

What a sweet post! Your mom looks so young!

Shanna said...

That is so nice to read about your mom. She sounds like an amazing person!